Skintifique comes in. Skintifique is the company you've never heard before but will change your life, or at least your skin. In case you missed my many, many twitter rants: my skin sucks! It's oily at the center, dry like a desert at spots and as soon as the weather gets cold my skin decides to get flaky. Did I mention it is acne prone and sensitive? With that in mind, Skintifique 's products seemed like the perfect solution, but where they? I have put their micellar water Cleanser-P to test.Don't skip the verdict I have a surprise for you!)
Here is a test with my 5 tougher makeup products to remove. I swatched them and left them on my skin for 30 minutes. I tried the Cleanser P on half the swatches using a cotton ball.
Cleanser P is a winner! I really didn't expect this product to work this well. With the price being so low, I will buy it. It has helped my skin and that alone is a huge plus for me. I'm replacing my micellar water with this, once I finish what I already have. I really think if you have skin issues you should try out their products. This is why I contacted the company and have a discount code for you (yes, I do get a commission but if you want to try them out it also saves you money)! Use my code ANNA10 (Valid until the end of February) for a 10% discount on your order, shipping excluded.
- Only 5 ingredients. But why would you care about ingredients, you (and I) can't pronounce half of them either way. Just because we don't know what each one means doesn't mean that our skin doesn't get affected. Now the good thing about having few ingredients is that, if you have sensitive skin and are prone to allergies (like me), it will be easier for you to determine if this will react well with your skin. Since my skin is such a mess and I have eczema on my hands, I have learned to avoid certain ingredients as directed by my doctor. You can find the ingredients on the product page.
- It actually removes your makeup without needing to rub your skin off. I tried it during the holidays so I was often found wearing tons of makeup, sometimes waterproof. My problem with every other micellar water was that I had to rub and rub until my makeup was removed. That did a number on my already fragile skin. I was usually left with my skin feeling tight and irritated. What I do now is remove the most with two-three gentle swipes with my cotton pad (depends on how much makeup you are wearing) and then do a final swipe with a new cotton pad, to clean up whatever is left. Case in point: see the photos underneath.
- It hydrates your skin. To be exact it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight. So far when I used anything to remove my makeup I had to at least rinse the product off, but I can leave this micellar water on my skin and it will be fine.
- My acne receded. This is a personal observation though, but I guess it has to do with the ingredients being so carefully picked for sensitive skin. Since I haven't changed anything else in my routine or diet I "blame" skintifique for this pleasant change.
- It is cruelty free! While I do use products from companies that sell in China (and therefore are obligated to test on animals) I really appreciate and prefer cruelty free brands whenever possible. I haven't found this quality and effectiveness in cruelty free products before.
- Gel liner:Obviously one of the tough things to remove
- Loaded Bolds colours stain my lips and skin. I love them, they stay on the lips, but they stain and are a pain to remove.
- Superstay JUST DOESN'T GET OFF. Legit I can sleep with this and wake up and my pillow will be clean. Doesn't budge.
- Tulle , ok this isn't as bulletproof as superstay, but when I swipe to remove it, it transfers all over my face (usually).
- Kween: It's hard to remove because glitter goes everywhere. Understandable, but it had to be included because glitter.
This is what I'm talking about! Didn't do so well with the glitter since I have some glitter transfer as I swiped and obviously the Superstay (I warned you about it)
I think the difference is obvious.This is the micellar water I used in the past, from a well known brand that will remain anonymous. It transferred the Blackest Berry to the rest of my arm and failed to remove the gel liner and the rest of the swatches.